- 1 1/4 pounds celery roots, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 pound cauliflower florets
- 1/2 pound russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1. Combine celery roots, cauliflower, potatoes, lemon juice and bay leaves in a large saucepan; add cool water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until vegetables are very tender, 20 to 22 minutes. Drain well; let stand for 3 minutes. Shake to remove any excess moisture. Discard bay leaves.
2. Process celery root mixture in a food processor just until smooth, about 1 minute. Stir in butter, salt, white pepper and nutmeg.
- Yield: 6 servings
|Calories per serving:||97|
|Fat per serving:||2g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||5mg|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Protein per serving:||3g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||18g|
|Sodium per serving:||348mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Calcium per serving:||55mg|
Good to Know
Celery root may be unlovely, but it tastes like a delicious mix of celery and parsley.